October is Fall Car Care Month, and auto shops around the country are gearing up to get your car running smoothly. Regular maintenance and repair is the best way to ensure maximum safety and reliability of your vehicle and can save you money in the long run. It’s particularly important to stay on top of car repairs as the weather changes. Heat, long trips, and heavy loads during the summer months can lead to a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle. Fall Car Care Month is a great time to repair summer damage and get your car winter ready. Here is our list of Maintenance Musts for October:
- Have your battery checked along with its charging system and belts. Batteries can be drained from overuse in the summer, and they lose power as the temperature drops.
- Make sure that your coolant is clean and full, you don’t want to get stuck without antifreeze during the winter months.
- Visibility is crucial! Make sure all of your lights are working, your windshield washer fluid is full, and your wiper blades are changed. For extra protection, buy a windshield washer fluid with antifreeze.
- Have your oil changed, especially if you’re approaching the time for a 30,000 mile full service. Oil thickens as temperatures drop, so it’s important to make sure your oil is the right viscosity for cold weather.
- As the weather changes, so does your tire pressure. A tire’s pressure drops by about one pound per ten degrees of temperature. A properly inflated tire can reduce fuel emissions by 3.5% and prevent premature wear on tire tread.
- Have all belts and hoses checked for wear and tear. They’re more likely to be damaged during the colder months, so you want to make sure they’re in good condition.
- Brakes are always important, but particularly when there is low traction and poor visibility. Your brakes should be fully inspected.
- Make sure all paint chips and dings on the surface of your car are repaired. Exposed metal on your car is the first step to a rust problem. This is especially true during the winter when the roads are covered in salt and your vehicle is frequently exposed to damp conditions.
- According to the Car Care Council, 8 out of every 10 vehicles failed at least one component of their inspection during last year’s Fall Car Care Month—that’s an 80% failure rate of vehicles on the road! Help us lower that statistic and make the roads safer by bringing your car in for a tune-up during Fall Car Care Month.
For more information about Fall Car Care Month, you can visit www.carcare.org/car-care-guide.
Follow the Link and Let Us Know What You Think!
To Our Valued Customers:
We would like to express our gratitude for your continued support and loyalty. As a business, we strive to meet your automotive needs with the highest level of service and the least amount of hassle to you. If you’re happy with your customer experience with us or have suggestions for improvement, we would like to encourage you to write a review on Google. Online feedback not only helps support our business, but it allows us to improve the quality of our service. We welcome all comments, whether you have constructive criticism or positive sentiments to offer.
For your convenience, our E-Newsletters now include a link to Google’s review page. As a special thank you, customers who write a review will be entered to win a $50 Starbucks gift card. So, follow the link and let us know what’s on your mind!